How To Get Involved
Become a part of the Renaissance in Sullivan County! There are many ways to become involved. Everyone can do something.
Seminar to discuss dividing perennials, adding spring bulbs and planting trees | Aug. 21, 2017
Sullivan Renaissance Project Assistants assist local schools | Aug. 15, 2017
$250,000 Golden Feather Awarded to the Village of Monticello | Aug. 10, 2017
Be a Community Volunteer:
- Volunteer with an existing Sullivan Renaissance group in your community.
- Volunteers are the heart of the Sullivan Renaissance program and bring a vital community spirit to local efforts. YOU can contribute to a project’s success! Groups need assistance with everything from gardening, planning and general labor to bookkeeping, fundraising and photography. Whether you have an 20 minutes a day or an hour a week, projects around the county can benefit from your skills and involvement. To view the complete list of community projects, click here.
- Start a beautification group in your community! Meet with fellow residents to identify a project and apply for a Sullivan Renaissance grant. Click here for some tips about getting started.
For more information about getting involved in your community, call 295-2445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in the Sullivan Renaissance Merchant Discount Program
- Support volunteers with material or financial donations to the project
- Donate drinks or lunch to hardworking volunteers
- Say "thank you" and show your appreciation for the volunteers' efforts
- Become engaged in storefront beautification and tidiness
- Keep your property tidy and well maintained
- Paint your fence or front porch.
- Plant a vegetable or flower garden.
- Hang a basket of flowers.